Tandoori Chicken Recipe
by Irene (Y5C, 2006-07, as part of her OP on Indian Food)
10 pieces of chicken (drumsticks and/or breast with skin removed)
1 cup plain yoghurt
1 tablespoon melted butter
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon red chilli powder (adjust according to preference)
1 tablespoon coriander powder
1 tablespoon garlic paste
1 tablespoon ginger paste
1 tablespoon cumin powder
½ tablespoon mustard
½ tablespoon Garam Masala powder
few pods of cardamos
pinch of saffron
Salt to taste
1. Mix all spices with yoghurt and butter to make marinating sauce.
2. Prick the chicken and apply the sauce. Cover chicken and marinate overnight inside a refrigerador (for at least 4 hrs)
3. Grill the chicken in regular way (for better result, apply melted butter to the chicken just before you grill).
4. Cook chicken until brownish (or way you prefer).
5. Serve sliced onion (ring) and lemon wedges with the tandoori chicken. Also, serve. Lemon juice can be sprinkled on the cooked chicken to add zesty flavor.
Number of servings: 6